MBBS at RIHS
Rawal Institute of Health Sciences is one of the first private sector medical institutions in Islamabad, extending MBBS degree. It is an affiliate facility of Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad which is the first public sector medical university in the Federal Capital.
Rawal College of Medicines (RCoM) offers a five-year undergraduate programme leading to Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. The programme is designed to equip students with adequate knowledge and skills required for health practices and patient care. RMC puts special emphasis on professional integrity and behavior, in order to produce generous and positive minded health professionals. Main features of MBBS programme at RMC are:
- Name of the Programme: M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
- Duration of Course: 5 years + one-year internship (Students are allowed to do Internship in Rawal General and Dental Hospital).
- Medium of Instruction: English.
- Beginning of Session: September Every Year.
- Curriculum: MBBS syllabus in accordance with Pakistan Medical Commission.
- Classroom: The classrooms are equipped with latest audio-visual facilities.
- Library: The library houses a good stock of textbooks and reference materials for medical sciences.
- Hostel accommodation & food: Students are provided with a high standard accommodation facility with each room attached with a balcony and a bathroom with cable TV, fast Internet access, telephone, washing machine, air-conditioner, water dispenser, bathroom with hot/cold water shower, bed, beddings, desks, closets, and chairs. There is a separate hostel for boys and girls with high-security arrangement and strict prohibition for boys to enter girls hostel and girls enter boys’ hostel. Hostel cafeteria offers a variety of delicious and healthy foods.