DPT at RIHS
Rawal Institute of Rehabilitation of Sciences is one of the first private sector medical institutions in Islamabad, extending DPT degree. It is an affiliate facility of Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, Rawal Institute of Rehabilitation Sciences, Islamabad which is the first public sector medical college in the Federal Capital.
Rawal Institute of Rehabilitation Sciences (DPT) offers a five-year undergraduate programme leading to Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT) degree. The programme is designed to equip students with adequate knowledge and skills required for physiotherapy practices and patient care. RIRS puts special emphasis on professional integrity and behavior, in order to produce generous and positive minded health professionals. Main features of DPT programme at RIRS are:
- Name of the Programme: DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy).
- Duration of Course: 5 years + one-year internship (Students can do Internship in Rawal Institute of Rehabilitation Sciences) in the top of the line Physical Therapy facilities of Rawal general and dental hospital.
- Medium of Instruction: English.
- Beginning of Session: September Every Year.
- Curriculum: DPT syllabus in accordance with Higher education commission (HEC).
- Classroom: The classrooms are equipped with latest audio-visual facilities.
- Library: The library houses a good stock of textbooks and reference materials for medical sciences.
- Hostel accommodation & food: Students are provided with a high standard accommodation facility with each room attached with a balcony and a bathroom with cable TV, fast Internet access, telephone, washing machine, air-conditioner, water dispenser, bathroom with hot/cold water shower, bed, beddings, desks, closets, and chairs. There is a separate hostel for boys and girls with high-security arrangement and strict prohibition for boys to enter girls’ hostel and girls enter boys’ hostel. Hostel cafeteria offers a variety of delicious and healthy foods.