Responsibilities of QAD
The Quality Assurance Department is directly responsible and accountable to the Chairman/Co-Chairperson Rawal Institute of Health Sciences (RIHS) for the exercise of its duties and responsibilities. In carrying out its functions, the QAD must at all times recognize that primary responsibility for management of the RIHS rests with the Chairman, Co-Chairperson and Management Board.
- The QAD’s annual work plan will extend across the following main indicators:
- Patient Safety and Quality Matters of Rawal General and Dental Hospital (RG&DH):
- Compliance with the Clinical Governance Framework.
- Compliance with the Safety and Quality Plan.
- Accreditation Strategy and processes.
- Minimizing preventable harm through clinical incident reporting and management.
- Clinical Audit Program to identify and manage unjustified variations.
- Improving patient experience through consumer feedback mechanisms.
- Credentialing and Scope of Practice to Promoting improvements and lessons learnt in Patient Safety and Quality.
- Identify grey areas of protocols/procedures/practices and suggest workable solutions:
- Identify system loopholes and take corrective actions.
- Initiate/monitor a confidential feedback system/complaints cell involving cell involving RIHS staff/patients/vendors and take remedial measures/actions.
- Staff training and development of Rawal Institute of Health Sciences as it relates to quality and safety.
- Any other matters related to patient safety and quality of Rawal General and Dental Hospital as referred to the QAD by the Chairman or reported to the QAD. The QAD operates in accordance with the RIHS Clinical Governance Framework and RIHS Consumer and Community Engagement Strategy and incorporates the intent of National Health Standards.
M Saleem Abbasi
QAD / Reasearch Officer
Ms Rubina Afzal
Communication & Liaison
Muhammad Imran Arif