The Cardiology Department at Rawal General Hospital (RGH) is a fully equipped and functional heart facility. The team is comprised of experienced Cardiologists, Interventionists and Surgeons. The department is headed by Prof. Maj. Gen. Zafar ul Islam (R). The department has busy OPD and IPD services. The monthly outpatient flow is around 400 cases. Since its inception, the Cardiology department at RGH has managed 100s of CABGs and open heart surgeries.
Angiographies and angioplasties are done in routine. The thoroughly experienced team of interventionists conduct 30 to 40 angiographies and angioplasties on average in a month. The department is capable of handling any undergoing or emerging threats to patients.
The cardiology department at RGH has fully functional cardiac insentive care. The CCU is well equipped with all clinical and cardiac diagnostic services.
There is also pedatric cardiac surgery facility at Rawal General Hospital, which is rare in the twin cities as well as at country level.
- 24 hour ambulatory BP monitoring.
- Holter Monitoring
- Exercise Tolerance Test (ETT)
- 2-D Echocardiography
- Right Heart Catheterization
- Pulmonary Angiography
- Peripheral Angiography and Endovascular Intervention
- Carotid Angiography and Intervention
- Renal Angiography and Intervention
- Iliac Angiography and Intervention
- Lower Extremity Angiography and Intervention
- Subclavian Angiography and Intervention
- Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter Placement
- Permanent Pacemaker (PPM) Placement
- Internal Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Placement