There was a meeting between all the Principals of constituent and affiliated colleges of SZABMU and VC SZABMU in his office. It was a requirement as a follow up of security council and HEC meetings yesterday. Following has been decided:
- All medical colleges shall remain closed for students with immediate effect till April 5, 2020.
- All examinations including Supplementary examinations are postponed till April 5, 2020.
- The above two decisions shall be reviewed on April 5, 2020.
- All hostels shall be vacated by all students except the foreign students.
- Decision about foreign students shall be taken in accordance with the guidelines of their Embassies and at their own risk.
- Foreign students staying in hostels shall be seperated and provided all the facilities regarding hand washing and sanitisers.
- Hospital and Clinical departments shall remain open as usual.
- Faculty and administration of College and Hospital shall come as routine.
- This time of faculty can be utilized for development of online courses and IMS so that if this duration of college closure is extended we can complete their theory requirements by taking classes online or through videoconferencing creating virtual class rooms.
- All sports activities and or any other public gatherings shall remain cancelled during the period.
From the office of:
Principal Rawal College of Medicine
Maj Gen S M Shahab Naqvi (Retd)